ARPA Agents are...GO!

Go down

ARPA Agents are...GO!

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Your character has been drafted into the Alternate Reality Protection Agency or (ARPA). Your boss, General Pancake, is handing out missions to you all to travel to a variety of different dimensions to do all kinds of crazy stuff! It can range from simple combat, to negotiations, to figuring out complex time paradoxes, and...cosplay!?!

You'll meet all sorts of people! Some may seem familiar, and others that are just plain weird!

If you succesfully complete your missions, you'll be paid handsomly so you can buy all sorts of stuff to help you out on other missions!

You all have a week starting monday the 23rd of december (since christmas is coming up) to gather a group of ppl to participate.

I expect that once a mission begins, you all have to post at least two things(posts) a week so that your character isn't just left behind. If you don't respond in that time, your character won't be able to do anything till the current mission is over.

If you all have any questions, now is the time to ask'em!
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Male Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Character Profile
Nickname: Chaos
Race: Human
Class: Warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARPA Agents are...GO!

Post  Mellie-Master on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:19 am

I'll join.

will you be the game master? 8D
Mellie-Master
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 279

Character Profile
Nickname: Mellie-Master
Race: Undead
Class: Assassin

View user profile http://Melliemaster.hostsnake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Treforce on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:07 am

you can count me and RC in

after all, what better spy can you get than one who can turn invissible?

and as for me... a good brain and computer expert (with the abilety to controle water) is always nice to have in a team
Treforce
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Male Number of posts : 204

Character Profile
Nickname: Treforce
Class: Druid

View user profile http://www.treforce.rack111.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellie-Master on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:13 am

JOO HEF TO ROLL TEH DICE FOR UR STATS!!! Neutral

andyou also need to make an RP character.
read the news.

Last edited by Mellie-Master on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Mellie-Master
Admin
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Yes I will be the game master. Also I think the use of stats may over complicate things a bit, especially since im still getting used to the dice function. Just create a character sheet and say which stats you have strengths and weaknesses in.(no dice rolling required)

Then once we actually start playing, we'll treat all actions and attacks like Difficulty Challenges and/or Saving Throws. (that means based on what you roll and what your weakness/strengths are will help me judge whether what the action you did got the desired result or not.)

All characters must have a weakness for every strength. So in other words, if you want a magical dude, then you'd want to say that your strength is your intelligence and magic points. The best weakness choice for that case would be attack and defence because that kind of character has specialized in magic and not close range stuff. You don't have to choose any strength/weakness, in that case your character is balanced in all areas and only relys on what the dice says.

Also after each mission you are given money to buy new stuff which add on to whatever stats you wish. This is how your character grows stronger. And depending on what you do you can even get more money. Example would be doing something creative or something that seems impressive, you'll be rewarded extra money at the end of the mission. So im encouraging resourcefulness, and to do that you'll more than likely have to ask what's around the area, however, since this is not the most imediate way to communicate ill usually give a hint in my description and guide ya to bonuses, just like a good DM should!
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellie-Master on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:29 am

...ok sure. but I better be free at wednesdays and saturdays.

Mellie-Master
Admin
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:39 am

Okay so I have Treforce and Mellie-Master playing, do I have anyone else joining?

Well for those who are playing, the first thing you need to do is describe your character. If you want to use what your character profile says then say you'll do that, other wise you need to say what your race and class/job is. But that isn't really too important.

What is important is telling what your charcacter's strengths and weaknesses are. Again I must emphasize, DO NOT ROLL TO DETERMINE STATS! Just state what it is from among these stats do your characters excel in. Remember, you must choose a weakness for every strength, do not worry about it too much though it's not as harsh as it sounds! here are all of the stats that you can choose from:

Attack--used to measure physical strength.

Defence--Measures your character's natural ability to absorb damage, parry attacks, block, and also resist things like magic, poison, sickness, and stuff like that!

Speed-- How fast your character can move and how well that character can dodge.

Magic Points-- This represents your character's level of energy or magic or ki or whatever the hell your character uses! This stat determines how many times you can use an energy action and also the power of it.

Health Points-- No one dies in this game (should have said spoiler alert but oh well). But this is one of the more important stats. The higher this stat is, the less likely your character will be dominated in combat or any situation. This one is hard to explain but I would not take this stat to lightly either.

Intelligence-- How smart your character is. It doesn't matter sometimes if a player knows an answer, what matters is if their CHARACTER knows it! This measures the character's ability to talk, reason, logic, and esentially all mental functions except this next one!

Electro Knowledge-- Measures the character's knowlege of spells, skills, techniques, etc... it also measures a character's control over a certain ability. Example: Trefore has the power to manipulate water, he can easily just blast water at enemies without thinking about it, but now he wants to shape and float the water in such a way that it looks like a person. He would then have to rely on his Electro Knowledge. To sum it up, If you know your character can potentially do something with their abilities that isn't writen in the ability description, this is what you need to use!

Action Success (aka. Luck)-- This game is going to take your characters to strange and exotic worlds, the rules of reality will constantly change, but luck is ALWAYS USEFUL! This is the stuff that miracles come from, and this maybe all that determines an action working or failing!

I kinda have a basic idea of how this is going to play out. I imagine it'll go something like this:

I'll first describe the surroundings and/or the situation your characters are in, whether it is a battle or puzzle or problem or whatever.

Then you all will describe what your character does, ask me questions about the environment or anything else. Note: You don't need to do a roll for all actions, just roll for actions that are in response to a challenge or scenario.

Then you all will have to wait for me to answer and respond. I will tell you when an action requires you to roll the dice and what stat you need to apply. Once you have rolled, i'll look at the number and decide if you are successful of not.

Example:
Player says: I want to move that boulder out of the pathway!

DM (me): okay player! do an attack roll to see if you can muscle it out of the way!

Player says: Attack: 69

DM: (this is when is check if the player excels in the attack stat, and for this case he does! And since the roll is already kinda high the action succeeds!) Congratz player! You have moved the boulder! You win a Boulder Coockie!

Player: yayz I haz Cookie!

I believe the dice goes up to 100 so 50 would be middle. If the dice rolls an 90 or something, then the action will work almost all the time. If the roll is closer to 50, then the whole strength/weakness thing comes into play, if your strength matches the corresponding roll it is more likely to work! and if the roll is very low like 10, then even with the correct strength it probably won't work out!

So I think I explained this enough so that people have an idea of how to play. The only thing I expect now are descriptions of your characters. The more detailed you are, the better. So here's an example of what I want you guys to do next:

for now I'll use Chaoscrunchy and base this character description on him

My character's name is Chaoscrunchy. He is a Time/ Dimensional traveler who once worked as a military agent at a militaritic ogranization that policeses different dimensions. He is a bit crazy and illogical at times, mostly an annoyance to people. He is strong but very uninteligent. He poesesses the power to create portals in time and space with unexpected results that can sometimes backfire. He has brown hair, Blue eyes, very muscular looking, expressively big eye-brows, and wears a purple suit jacket w/ brown pants.

Stuff my character can do:

R.A.P.E. Portal: Can make a portal of any size and it can lead to anything ( I may ask you to edit the description so it's a bit more fair to the rest) But it can potentially backfire with negative results!

Crunch Punch! : A charged energy punch that is capable of devastating damage! But he can not move while charging.

Strengths: Attack, Health, Luck

Weaknesses: Defence, Speed, Intelligence

As the game progresses you all add more stuff to your characters, including items, new abilites, descriptions, whatever! Just be sure that when you add something, edit the first post that has your character info and that will be your character sheet. If anyone wants to join still you may do so! Just post your character sheet and i'll work you in to the story, it'll usually be easier for me to do that in between missions. Im sure there will be questions, so don't be afraid to ask!
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Treforce on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:35 am

Raziel Treforce, A water mage.
Since his birth he have always been able to controle water. just like every other member of his famely could controle an element from birth. in the blink of an eye he can easerly draw water from his suroundings and flush a target.
He has brown hair, Blue eyes, looks muscular (but could also just be water stored at the right placec), he wears a blue t-shirt and jeans.

stuff he can do:

Water flush: draw water from his surroundings (or himself) and hit his target.

Ice arrow: turn water into an ice spike and fire it ageinst his target

Water drain: drain the enermys water and can either be used to heal himself or attack the enermy.

Strength: Water

Weakness: Smoke, goes right into his loungs

Rebecca Coldwind, Invissibilety.
Like with any other girls who can turn invissible, the first thing she did when she found out about her power was to sneak in to the boys bathroom... not that she needed to be invissible to get in there unnotished anyway.
she have always been able to walk around without being seen if she wants to.
But dont let her fool you, she may not look like it with her big boobs and her blond hair, but behind the shell you will find a deadly kung fu Master.
She is a girlwith a tail wears a pink tight sittng dress with no sleevs.

Stuff she can do:

Invissible cut: turns invissible and attack from an unknown location

Phantom image: by constantly switching between vissible and invissible she can cheat the eys of the enermy to think that she is slower than she actuly is (good for dodging attacks)

Boob flash: paralyse some enermys long enough for her to walk over and kick them in the groin.

Strength: her speed

Weakness: Cold, slows her down
Treforce
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:55 pm

Those character sheets are pretty good! But when I said choose strengths and weaknesses, I mean't choose from the stats I listed.

But that's okay. I'll work around it.

Treforce will only recieve roll bonuses relative to the amount of water that surrounds him. And of course if things get smoky, he'll suffer roll penalties.

And Rebecca will have an advantage in all speed rolls. But she'll become slower than normal speed if things get cold!

If you are okay with that, Then I am okay with it. Otherwise, you may change the strengths/weaknesses. Personally though your character sheets are fine, I just wanted to make sure this is what you want!
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Treforce on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:34 am

sounds good enough enough to me XD
Treforce
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellie-Master on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:46 pm

treforce, the news is there to be read o.o

anehway, I think you're supposed to have only one character.
also, chaos, as a DM, you don't really play the game, you just controll everythong that happens.
you can be all the bad guys/monsters/random gods/spirits/whatever animated stuff you come up with.

Mellie-Master
Admin
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:21 am

First of all, I know that! I realize that DM's play as everyone else. The general is really just a convienient way to keep the story moving. But if it's the character sheet I made that threw ya off, that's just an example.

But you do have a good point...It may not be fair to have control over two characters at a time...

So treforce, you have three options (you may be able to negociate on something else if ya don't like these.)

Option one: Treforce and RC are both weaker than normal individually, but become stronger and recieve bonuses when they are able to work together. Basically, it'll be Ice Climbers minus the rope!

Option two: Both characters have their usuall powers/strengths/weaknesses but you two will be very arguementative toward eachother, making teamwork a difficult challenge. You'll also have to roll inorder to avoid fighting and/or arguing in different random situations.

Option three: Stick with one character!

We may still be able to work something else out if these seem unfair, I'll work with ya to make sure your character(s) turn out alright!
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Treforce on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:19 am

ChaosCrunchy wrote:
Option three: Stick with one character!

in that case, Im gonna stick to Raziel. (for the first senario at least)

Could RC be one of the BAD "guys" in a senario? somthing like:
"RC have kidnapped all the girls in town and are planning to use them as test subjects, you must fight her to release them"... or somthing like that.
Treforce
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:45 pm

It could happen! Of course i'd be the one controlling her, but maybe one day it could happen! All you have to do is...wish upon a star!

When you wish upon a sta-a-a-r!
Makes no difference who you ARRRRREEEEEE!
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mellie-Master on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:46 am

I suggest we just start, nobody else's entering anehway.

Mellie-Master
Admin
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:47 pm

okay, but we still need your character sheet!
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:40 pm

(I guess I'll just start then. I've wait long enough. BTW whenever I am speaking out of the context of the game and just speaking directly to you guys, it'll be in parenthesis like this!)

The team (you guys) enters the dimly lit office of general pancake, your boss. In front of you you see him and a desk with some paper, booze, a phone and a bottle of asprin. Pancake looks at each member from his seat and then begins to speak.

Pancake: " For FUCK'S SAKE, how long were you going to keep me waiting!? Ya'll are 5 minutes late, but since you are all new here I'll let that pass! Now on to business! You all have been chosen, not because you are the, oh no! You all were chosen because you all where all that we could find to recruit! You will follow orders like a good solider and if ya don't...well, you'll piss me off, and you won't like me when im PISSED OFF!"

The general then places a number of what appears to be green watches out on the front of his desk and requests that each team member puts them on! What will you do?
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Treforce on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:51 am

Pick it up and analyse it

ask General Pancake if there is somthing special about these watches.
Treforce
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosCrunchy on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Upon closer inspection you realise that they are not watches at all! There is a small green cube where the "clock" is supposed to be. There are no buttons on the device, all you can make out are nearly invisible seams where the cube might unfold.

Treforce asked the question and General Pancake responds.

Pancake: " That is your ass! More or less...It's called a 'Dimensional Displacer'. I'll spare you all the technical mumbo jumbo, that watch makes you immune to certain dimensional forces. So if for some reason, a time traveler tried to stop you from ever existing by like, killing your folks before they ever...sigh...'make whoopy' That device will stop you from being blinked out of existence!

Im sorry for using the phrase 'make whoopy.' But the Board of Dimensional Affairs is really cracking down on 'inappropriate language' so I can't say the 'f-word' when talking about sex...a bunch of fuck-heads, the whole lot of'em!

Anyways, the watch does a bunch more stuff! It's primary use is for keeping in touch with me. If you ever need any advice, guidance, or assistance while on the field just start talking into it and i'll respond. It's also a fucking life-saver! If you are about to die, our rescue team can pull you out and they'll fix you right up! Of course, times are tough, so im not paying you while you are healing. And get yourself too worried, we can fix just about anything in a matter of hours...sometimes days, but that's if you are REALLY fucked up! BWAHAHAHA! So any questions?"

(The whole team has obtained D.D. watches! Keep them, they're very important to your success! It allows you to talk to Pancake from anywhere, keep you safe from extra dimensional forces, and even heal/keep you from dying!

Another thing, You don't die in the game. Instead you are taken away for a bit, and the penalty is that the price is taken out from your reward at the end of the mission! Two things you are paying for are the initial cost of using the watch and the time you are in the medical area. So the best thing to do would be to only use it when you really need it!)
ChaosCrunchy
TFHHA Member
TFHHA Member

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down